Monday, July 1, 2013

THEIR LOGO. MY LOGO.

Here's the new log for PENGUIN RANDOM HOUSE:

The issue with this logo is that it's really two logos stuck together. The penguin is clearly bolder and it looks like it could crush the house in a second. Plus the penguin doesn't seem to give a crap about the house. It's like, "Mmm, whatever house. I'm doing my own thing over here." Not a good way to start a new company!

Here's my take on it:
That's right. The penguin is riding high on top of the house. I simplified the house because I figured the penguin needed something smaller and easier to manage for its cartoon size. They're going somewhere. That's what the new company should be about: going somewhere! Forward motion! The penguin is pointing: He's saying, "Hey guys, this way toward success!" Did I give the penguin big eyes? Yes I did. Why? Why not. Did I give the house tiny wheels? Yes. Oh yes I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment