Friday, October 21, 2011

DAV PILKEY ON BECOMING AN AUTHOR

On the topic of paying attention, this is an interesting talk by Dav Pilkey. He indicates that teachers didn't have much faith in him. It was his own imagination out in the hallway that started him on his path to becoming an author.



I think teachers can harness this sort of creativity. Kids like this just learn in a different way. I know it can be hard when you have a large class and you certainly can't concentrate on just one kid but putting them out in the hallway probably isn't the solution. Thankfully, I was never put in the hallway! Of course, I was not a disruption in class. I just didn't pay attention. I loved it when I could do an art project out of a book -- like instead of a standard book report once I got to make a comic strip report telling what the book was about in that way. I still have the comic!

No comments:

Post a Comment