Friday, July 22, 2011

A.D. NEW ORLEANS AFTER THE DELUGE




This is an adult graphic novel but it's perfectly appropriate for teens. I love it. It tells of the New Orleans disaster in a simple way, with amazing pictures. I follows several different groups of people--one group stays to watch their store, another leaves and wonders what happens to their home and belongings, another goes to a shelter, while the 4th entertains guests in the French quarter. The novel alternates in different colors so that it's easy to switch from person to person. I have to admit that I'm much more interested in the disaster now that I've read this book. It made it more personal for me.




















This comic started as a web comic. You can read it here:

But I suggest you go out and buy the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment