Friday, January 28, 2011

PERHAPS YOU'RE WONDERING...

Why I talk about e-books so much if I don't like them. Well... yes, they worry me. A lot. But also, at my job, they are in my face PLENTY. There is a "community" space for us employees to read and ALL it has been about e-readers. We are pretty much being brainwashed! Well... that's the goal anyway. So I really can't escape it. But I want this blog to be varied. So...

What I have coming up:
I have sent my author friend interview questions but she's gotten quite ill so that is on hold.

I have sent my mom (yes, my mom!) interview questions about reading and literacy. I had extreme attention problems as a youngster so I asked her how she handled that. She is also a social worker in a school system and works with disabled children and has seen teachers badly handle reading to groups. So I've asked her about that. I think it'll be a great interview! I just have to hope for another snow day so that she can get it done!

I will pester my editors to see if I can suck an interview out of them.

I have also asked my aunt, who is a librarian in D.C, if I can interview her.

To my readers: If you think you have something interesting to say and are a librarian or teacher or editor or designer or author then speak up!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Meghan - I would be interested in being interviewed on your site. I am currently a stay at home mom of preschoolers, but I have been a librarian and book reviewer for more than 15 years. I have a book review blog and even reviewed Pop! in November - here is the link if you are interested...
    http://youngpeoplesbooks.blogspot.com/2010/11/pop-invention-of-bubble-gum.html Thanks for considering me - Susan (spitard (at) yahoo (dot) com)

    ReplyDelete