Wednesday, March 9, 2011

BEING A FOOL IN SCHOOL

While at work yesterday I stumbled upon this book. It cracked me up!



It contains real test answers:




That got me thinking about some of my own answers in high school. I remember that my mom saved an index card that I'd created for a final exam. We were allowed to take in one index card with us to put on a few math theorems, tables, whatnot. Well... I filled the front and back with microscopic writing. It was so tiny that when I got to the exam I couldn't read it or find any of the answers! I flunked the exam and got an F for the year. Yay me. I'm looking for the index card. If I find it I'll post it. In the meantime, I stumbled upon this "children's story" that I wrote in college. Enjoy:

2 comments:

  1. I remember this extremely corny book they made me read in 9th grade called "Platero y Yo" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platero and we were supposed to be quizzed about it.

    Q. What the book is about?
    A. (A paraphrase of my original essay) "Platero y Yo" is the tragic love story of a man and his donkey. His donkey dies not knowing all the beautiful poems written about him, essentially because donkeys don't care much about reading or literature.

    Obviously the humorless catholic school teacher wasn't amused with my answer. Not only I got an F, but I got a visit to the principal's office and a call to my parents. I hated that school and everyone in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I like your answer! Um.... I think sending you to the principal's office is a little far no matter what the answer is. Geez!

    ReplyDelete