Saturday, February 12, 2011

THE WRECK OF THE ZEPHYR

If you read my mom's interview (I'll post the rest later) then you know that this was one of my favorites:



I'm looking forward to Allsburg's new one that Betsy Bird posted about a while ago. I have been disappointed in some of his recent stuff and especially the movies that have come out. Tom Hanks doing most of the characters in CGI form? YUCK. Why didn't they just act it in out in regular old people form? This whole computer instead of human thing is such a fad! It could have been a brilliant movie. I couldn't even watch it and admit that I didn't even try. The visuals made me want to vomit. Is that too much? Did I go too far? Sometimes I do... but... eh.

3 comments:

  1. Yes! WRECK OF THE ZEPHYR is one of my very favorite books -- I remember reading every night for several years. Even as a kid I felt like it didn't get the recognition it deserved. I wonder how many other Zephyr-lovers there are out there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure there are many. I used to imagine finding a boat that would fly me away. At some points I was convinced that there were boats out there that would do those things! Ah, the magic of a good book...

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a Polar Express lookalike coming out based on the Berkeley Breathed book Mars Needs Moms. Of course, the original picture book was rather awful too, so at least they're not ruining the source material this time.

    Fly, little fad. Fly free.

    ReplyDelete