Thursday, February 10, 2011

QUOTE OF THE DAY



This is a typical type of conversation from work at the bookstore (if you can call it typical):

I tuned in when I heard my coworker say in a very serious, loud robotic voice:"You think that the laptop desk is giving you cancer?"
The old man responded in a raspy, slow voice:"Yeah," as he held up a pink cushy thing with a wooden top to put on your lap to do paperwork, etc.
My coworker repeated again even louder robotic voice:"You think that the laptop desk is giving you cancer?!"
"Yeah, yeah."
"You think that the laptop desk is giving you cancer?!"
"Yeah, yeah, working with those computers...you know."
"Oh, so, you don't mean the DESK. You mean the computer.... I don't think so."
"No?"
"NO."
"Oh, okay," and with that the old man hobbled away while carrying the laptop desk. I wondered whether he'd still buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment